Each year brings about new styles and fashions in hair styling. Trying a new, unique ‘do is a fun and personal way to express yourself and do something bold. Ditch the same boring hairstyle you always get in exchange for soothing hip and trendy that will give new life to your limp locks. Here are 5 of the hottest hairstyle trends for women in 2014.
- Mermaid waves are so in this year, and just in time for the summer and lots of time at the beach! This is a great way to look awesome whether at the beach or a party, even if you are lazy and don’t want to spend too much time on styling your hair. Plait or braid your hair before bed while it is still damp and wake up with perfectly styled, ready to go waves! You can also use a crimper for a similar look!
- The ombre hair style is still super popular in 2014! This is a great way to experiment with a dramatic color, without completely committing. In addition, it is ideal for women who hate having to constantly touch up their dyed hair. Ombre can start dark with your natural root color and then it gradually lightens from top to bottom. You can also try a reserve ombre, starting light on top and moving to dark towards the ends, which is an especially fun idea for blondes!
- Braids. These aren’t your typical little girl braids. Braids have been reinvented this year. Use braids in a wide variety of styles. You can add a small braid across the crown of your head to enhance your hair style. You can also use braids to ad texture to your hair, letting small braids fall in your styled hair, whether you choose to go straight, wavy or curly.
- This year, hairstyles are venturing away from slick, straight hair. Adding some curve, flow and bend is much more desirable. After blow drying your hair straight, use a flat iron, While going over your hair, curve the iron back so that the hair bends away form the face. This will frame the face beautifully while giving your hair style more interest instead of a boring, straight, dull look.
- Finally, short styles are also making a come back. Short styles help do given women a younger, more youthful look. In addition they are easy to manage and hassle free, saving you time, energy, and frustration. You can twist and turn locks in any direction to achieve the style you prefer.
In 2014, there are tons of fresh, new, unique styles to choose from when styling or dying your hair. Be sure to explore your hair trends and options and consult your stylist such as a professional at Studio 417 Salon for recommendations and suggestions that will best compliment your skin tone and face shape. You can choose from a wide variety such s ombre coloring, mermaid waves, sleek curved blow outs, updated braids, and short easy to manage styles depending on your preference.